Sunday, November 25, 2007

trip on the trolley!!!




Nicolas loves to ride the new trolley that takes us downtown. For him it is like going on an adventure. He is having a hard time lately, we think it has to do with me going back to work. I am working only part time and I get home at 1´15 pm monday thru friday. I spend most of the day with them, I pick them up at school, eat lunch with them, snacks later, take them to the playground after school or music class on tuesdays.... and then dinner, bath... everything, but even though I am with them most of the day, Nicolas feels the difference because when he wakes up I am already at work and I dont give him breakfast anymore or dress him during the week anymore.
So, we took this trip to downtown Alicante and we left Alec with daddy. We decided to go to the city hall square after waking around the harbor for a while, buying balloons, talking... The city hall square becomes an antique market on sundays and "abu" (that's how nicolas and alec call my dad, their grandpa from Spain) has a stall with other friend over there. He exchanges old postcards, coins, stamps...and other things, they buy and sell and he loves it; it is his hobby. Nicolas hangs out with him every saturday all day long and half a day on sundays he loves his abu. After a short visit to his table in this market place, we continued with our field trip waking to the beach and then going back home on the trolley again. I will post a couple of pictures of this day!!

No comments:

cumple de alec en casa de los abuelos

cumple de alec en casa de los abuelos
Alec first birthday! Nicolas helps him to blow the candles!This was back in June.